Short, long, in braids, or with a weave, your hair has its own unique style, the best black hair styles are designed to take advantage of black hair’s unique characteristics. Black hair is more fragile than most, requiring tender, loving care. With less oil production, black hair also tends to become dry and easily knotted.
There are many types of braided black hair styles available. Cornrows are small, tight plaits, close to the scalp. Twists are similar: groups of hair strands are twisted into soft plaits that drape.
Hot curlers, hot combs, and color can all damage your hair and using more than one of these can make the problems exponentially worse. Since straightening your hair removes elasticity from the hair shafts, the straighter your hair is, the more fragile it will become.
Black hairstyles tips
1. Start by shampooing and conditioning your hair and then saturate it with a high quality hair setting lotion.
2. Part you hair into 1/4 to 1/2 inch sections and place end papers on the ends of your hair.
3. Roll your hair onto each straw and then secure them using hair pins.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you have completed your entire head.
5. Dry your hair under a hair dryer.
6. Remove the straws and separate each curl using your fingers.